23/03/2009

NOW IT HAPPENED AGAIN.

http://abid/in/paypal/?e=berrasoft2x

Synchronized Happenings

After my posting in Nigeria, I returned to Sweden 1973 and bought an aircraft
similar to the PA 28 I was flying down there. Maybe I felt secure with that
type of aircraft when it had giving me such luck.
November 1976 a Synchronized Happening happened again and my Guarding
Angel saved me. I had my Piper PA28 parked on Bromma Airport in Stockholm.
The weather was good, but the temperature was around the freezing point.
I checked the volume of fuel and filled the tank to be on the safe side.
It had been a lot of rain lately, so I drained the tanks and made the daily
inspection.
After take off, I flow to Norrtalje and then Uppsala and finely back to Bromma.
Before I turned on the final I saw that an aircraft had lined up for take off,
I reduced the throttle to 1500 RPM and was ready to turn on final.
Then THE ENGINE STOPPED. I restarted it, but after a few seconds it
stopped again. I was now too far out, to reach the runway and I had a lake
in front of me and I closed the throttle and reduced flaps to get a high nose.
A small dingy was sailing in my way so I had to avoid hitting it.
I made a beautiful landing, with low air speed and high nose.
The stall warning was screaming all the time.
When the landing gear hit the water, a wave hit the window and I was
down safely. It was suddenly very quiet. The emergency radio did not
started as supposed at a crash landing. but I switched it on, called
the tower and said I had landed.







They asked were I was.
I looked out and saw a lama standing on the shore.
I said I MUST BE IN NEPAL, I can SE A LAMA.

The small sailboat came close and offered me a ride, but I said
the boat is too small.
A rowing boat came out and we succeeded tow get the plane closer to land.
A lot of people came to see, what was going on.
Reporters from the newspapers arrived and asked questions.

My Guarding Angel was there.
This was My third Synchronized Happening.

Bertil



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
74 years old retired Born in Sweden and have lived in Spain 22 years. Computer programmer for 20 years. Playing keyboard and having a recording studio.